And they were
It was my
Baked Turkey Meatballs
Adapted from Gourmet
1 cup Italian bread, torn to pieces
1/3 cup milk
3 oz pancetta, finely chopped (you can also use canadian bacon to save on the cost)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 large egg
1 lb ground turkey (you can also use ground chicken)
2 tbsp tomato paste, divided
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Soak the bread pieces in the milk until softened. About 5 minutes.
3. Cook in 1 tbsp the pancetta, onion, and garlic in a skillet with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper until softened.
4. Squeeze the bread to remove the milk, then discard the milk.
5. Lightly beat the egg in a large bowl, then combine with the chicken, 1 tbsp tomato paste, pancetta mix, bread and parsley.
6. Form into meatballs and arrange on a baking sheet.
7. Mix the remaining 1 tbsp of the tomato paste and olive oil together and brush over the top of the meatballs.
8. Cook 20 minutes (sprinkle Parmesan on top 5 minutes before taking out of the oven).