Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie



Because
I have
been sick,
the only thing
that I
have been
craving is
Chicken Noodle Soup
or this...



Chicken Pot Pie

2 shallots, finely chopped
olive oil
2 carrots, diced
1 parsnip, diced
2 potatoes, diced
1 cup dry white wine
3 cups chicken stock
2 chicken breast, diced
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sage
salt & pepper
1 tbsp chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
butter & flour (for a roux)
refrigerated biscuits 

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Cook the shallots in oil in a large pot over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes.

3. Add carrots, parsnips, and potatoes. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.

4. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.

5. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then add the chicken, sage, thyme & bouillon. Cook until chicken is done.

6. Season with salt and pepper (to taste), then add the heavy cream. 

7. Make the roux (4 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp flour) by melting the butter in the stove top and whisking in the flour to form a paste. The add the roux to the mix until desired thickness.

8. Top with biscuits and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are nice and brown.


Do you see
the pot
in the picture?

It is my new
Le Crueset 
French Dutch Oven!

I was
a gift
from my
family.

Thank you
to everyone
who purchased
it for me.

I absolutely
love it.

No comments: