Saturday, June 2, 2012

Italian Tomato Soup


I think it's pretty safe to say that we are in the rainy season here in Montana
(or at least NW Montana). Thats a good thing for a few reasons...

1. We need the rain to keep the forest fires away.
I don't want another scare that my house will burn down
like I had a few years back.

2. It's great for my garden that is starting to grow
(I'll be posting pictures soon!).

3. A rainy day calls for soup...

And this soup is AMAZING! Micah, who does not like tomatoes,
said it was amazing...and that in itself is amazing (to say the least).

So if it's raining where you are today,
or if you are just craving soup,
then run to your grocer and buy these ingredients.

You won't be sorry.


Italian Tomato Soup
Via: Tammy Weaver

1 cup sauteed baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
1 cup half & half cream
1 can Campbells tomato soup (I never ever actually use this stuff, but in this soup it is great)
1 can Italian diced tomatoes 
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano

1. Saute the mushrooms in 2 tsbp butter until they are soft.

2. Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Season to taste if needed.

3. Once the mushrooms are soft, add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and half & half. Then with a blending stick (hand puree) blend the soup until it is to the consistency that you like (the soup is good smooth or with some chunks).

4. Let simmer till heated through.

5. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

erica marie said...

This looks good, I actually love tomato soup.

xo erica