Thursday, October 4, 2012

Current Crush - Figs Figs Figs

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Figs hold a special place in my heart. I guess you could call them nostalgic.
Growing up my grandparents had a magnificent fig tree on their property.
Perfectly knotty and twisted. If you've ever seen a fig tree,
then you know that they are full of personality in how each tree grows uniquely.
I have memories of climbing it, counting the ants that lived among it,
finding Easter Eggs hidden in it's secret holes;
and when I got older, and moved into my grandparents home after they passed away,
I remember reading many books under it's branches.
Funny thing is though, I don't ever remember eating any figs from that tree.
I never knew my love for the fruit until a few years ago.
One thing I wish I could go back and do differently...
take advantage of all those delicious figs.

1 comment:

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

I've honestly never had a fig before... But from the looks of these pics, I'm in!!! Looks so yummy!!