Tuesday, February 5, 2013

17 Week Update


How Far Along:
17 Weeks

Size of the Baby:
5 inches. Baby is the size of an Onion!

Maternity Clothes:
Still living in my maternity yoga pants (as you can see in the above picture).
But I'm shocked to see how my maternity yoga pants make my butt look huge and saggy.
The things one puts up with for the sake of comfort.

Weight gain:
Gained a half a pound. So now I'm at 5 1/2  total weight gain.

Sleep:
I haven't had to snack in the middle of the night this week,
but I feel like I wake up every hour to change positions.

Best Moment of the Week:
I was able to go on a women's retreat this weekend.
It was such a wonderful change from being at home most of the time
and I was able to catch up with many friends that I haven't seen in a while.

Movement:
I felt a small pop (kinda like a bubble popping) on Friday!!!
Such and exciting feeling, but I haven't felt anything since.

Food Cravings:
Brownies! I was craving them for days, yet I was too lazy to make them.
Thankfully my friend Mary made some for the Super Bowl... I was in heaven.

Gender:
I can't wait till February 20th gets here.

Belly Button in or out:
In

Wedding ring on or off:
On

Anything making you queasy or sick:
I found out the hard way that the baby does not like pizza.
This makes me very sad because it use to be one of my favorite things to eat.

What I miss:
During the women's retreat I wanted to join my friends in the Hot Tub.
I had to settle with just putting my feet in.

What I am looking forward to:
I am really anxious to feel more movement.

Nursery:
I found the cutest onesie set at Target that I just couldn't pass up!

Bed Rest Update:
Finished the book Rebecca (so good!).
Now I'm on the hunt for a new book... any recommendations?

1 comment:

joannlives said...

Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse is prolly my favorite book ever. It's not a light read, but it's a great story and its hard to put down.