Monday, March 18, 2013

23 Week Update


How Far Along:
  23 Weeks

Size of the Baby:
  Baby is the size of a Grapefruit!

Maternity Clothes:
Nothing new this week.
But I'm sad that I am at the point where this early pregnancy dress
is just a bit too short in the front.

Weight gain:
I'm up a total of 14.6 lbs!

Sleep:
Well, I'm noticing a pattern where sleep is great one week,
and the next week not so great.
This whole week I've had to get up at least 4 times a night to pee,
plus by 6am each morning my legs are aching so bad
that it's either sleep through the pain or just get up.
(I usually just force myself to sleep through the pain).

Best Moment of the Week:
Micah and I went to Target to register!!
 
Movement:
At my last midwife appointment I found out something
that explains why I can feel movement but not a ton of it.
Here's how the conversation went...
 
Midwife (as she is measuring my stomach): "Did you feel that?!"
 Me: "No."
(a few seconds later)
Midwife: "You had to have just felt that! I saw your stomach just move!"
Me: "Nope. Nothing."
Midwife: "Hummm. Let me check something."
(midwife then looks at my chart)
Midwife: "Oh! Well, that explains it. You have an anterior placenta."
Me: "A what?" (my inner thoughts: "Oh Lord please, not another complication.")
Midwife: "Totally fine and normal,
your placenta is just at the front of your uterus instead of at the back.
So it will just take a bit longer (and harder kicks)
for you to really start to feel movement a lot".
Me: "Lovely." :(

Food Cravings:
Nope.
But my lunch and dinner appitite is out of control!

Gender:
Baby Girl.

Belly Button in or out:
In 
 
Wedding ring on or off:
On

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope

What I miss:
Sleeping on my back.

What I am looking forward to:
To be honest, this pregnancy acne is one of the most frustrating things.
I can't wait till that goes away after birth, or I keep hoping it will go away before.
Any natural recommendations?

Nursery:
It's coming along.
Since all the walls are white (and I love white walls)
I needed to find a way to bring in some color.
So, going with our Peter Rabbit theme,
I sketched a huge tree on one of the walls.
Now all I need to do is find someone to paint it for me.
 
Ways to Relax:
This week I was completely wrapped up in this book!

No comments: