Friday, June 7, 2013

35 Week Update


Wait!
What happened to weeks 32, 33, and 34?
Well, pregnancy brain happened...
I literally kept forgetting.
Each night I would think to myself:
"Tomorrow I must take a picture and blog!"
Then the following day I would completely forget... all day.
But hey... I remembered today!

So here's my 35 week update...

How Far Along:
  35 Weeks

Size of the Baby:
Baby Girl is around the size of a coconut...
apx 17-18 inches long and weighing in around 5lbs!

Maternity Clothes:
I haven't bought anything new recently,
but I did buy a super comfy skirt that my midwives recommended
is the perfect skirt to wear during labor.
Luckily I'm not required to wear the hospital gown if I don't want to.

Weight gain:
I'm now over the 30lb weight gain marker...
my total gain is now 31 pounds.

Sleep:
Sleep oh sleep, when will you return to me?

Best Moment of the Week:
My mom came to visit me this past week.
It was so wonderful to have her here,
give me advice and go shopping for baby girl with me. 
Such a blessing.


Movement:
  She's been having the hiccups a lot this week.
Crazy feeling to have a continual jolt in your belly for a long period of time.

Food Cravings:
I feel like I've been blessed by not really having
any "crazy cravings" during my pregnancy.
But watermelon has been sounding great this week.
To bad I have yet to find a super delicious one.

Gender:
Baby Girl.

Belly Button in or out:
It's half-way out.
My midwives said that they doubt it will pop out
anymore than it already has...
which is good because depending on the top I wear
you can't really tell through my clothing.

Wedding ring on or off:
On

Anything making you queasy or sick:
I don't like the flavor of eggs again.

What I miss:
Walking without...
1. Being tired after walking 5 minutes (basically to the lower YWAM campus and back).
2. Having a few Braxton Hicks contractions which makes me walk SUPER SLOWLY. 
3. Being able to breath. 
4. Wanting to come home and immediately take a nap.

What I am looking forward to:
Being able to hold my little girl.
I'm so ready!

Nursery:
The nursery is pretty much done!!!
We just have a few small things to add and fix,
then I'll show you pictures!

Ways to Relax:
I've been reading a ton of pregnancy/birthing/parenting books
to make myself feel more prepared.
Is it working and do I feel more prepared?... I have no idea. :/
But to relax I have been reading the massive classic novel Gone with the Wind.
It's one of those types of books that you are nervous when you first start
but within just a few pages you can't put it down.
Which is good, since the book is about 1300 pages!!!!

1 comment:

Natali said...

If you haven't read it yet, The Happiest Baby on the Block was by FAR the most helpful book I read for babyhood. It's $14 VERY well spent, trust me ;)